Vincent Flooring, a local carpet, rug, and bed store in Walton-on-Thames, sought my assistance to revamp its outdated website and enhance its mobile-friendliness. Their previous website faced numerous challenges, including duplicate content, dated website design, minimal content, numerous SEO issues, and poor visibility in the search results.
I collaborated closely with the company’s owner, conducted competitor analysis, and delivered a professional website redesign that showcased their products and recent installations. I performed an in-depth SEO audit to address the issues hampering their online presence. Over several months, the new website was designed and built using WordPress, with me fixing the identified SEO issues.
Vincent Flooring is a well-established carpet, rug, and bed retailer in Walton on Thames. They were referred by V4 Woof Flooring, who was another client I helped recently in the same industry. There was no conflict of interest as Vincent Flooring was in another part of the UK and provided services to residents of Surrey.
- Redesign the website to improve mobile-friendliness.
- Enhance overall website professionalism.
- Resolve duplicate content issues.
- Improve SEO and search engine visibility.
- Implement visitor tracking for marketing ROI analysis.
- Improve the quality of their logo, as they only had a low-quality image.
- Website design
- WordPress Development
- SEO audit and ongoing search engine optimisation
- Competitor analysis
- Content writing
- Implementation of mobile responsiveness
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
Website Development Results
Upon launching the new website, Vincent Flooring experienced a surge in website inquiries. Previously, the company was only discoverable online through direct searches for its name. However, after the website’s relaunch, they witnessed over 200,000 visits from search engine traffic, marking a remarkable achievement. Everyone thought the new website looked more professional and having more helpful content on the website helped customers.
By adding in recent projects for their flooring installations it helped them get more visibility for nearby locations, which bought in significant amounts of traffic from online searches. This helped them reduce PPC spend as their project pages always ranked in the top 5 results of Google.
Within just six months, my SEO efforts propelled Vincent Flooring to the top rank on Google for 93 keyword searches, including:
- Karndean Flooring Walton on Thames
- Amtico Flooring Walton on Thames
- Wood Flooring Walton on Thames
- Vinyl Flooring Surrey
- Wood Flooring Surrey
- Karndean Flooring Surrey
These high rankings on both Google and Bing significantly boosted their visitor rate to their showroom but also the online presence of their website, attracting more potential customers.
Challenges and Limitations
The project encountered initial challenges stemming from the poorly constructed, outdated website with duplicate content. Additionally, the previous SEO efforts had negatively impacted the website as there was lots of hidden text that would only show to search engines, which is against Google’s Search Quality Guidelines.
The absence of visitor tracking made it challenging to assess the return on investment for their online marketing campaigns. I overcame these challenges by collaborating closely with the client, performing a comprehensive SEO audit, and implementing a new design that addressed these issues. With the correct tracking in place, the customer was able to reduce Paid Ad spend and I was able to improve the quality of their Google Ads.
This meant the client paid less per click and got more conversions from each campaign. I created a plan for their Google Ads account and re-structured the campaigns so they were more focused and organised. I added negative keywords to reduce wasted click spend for all of the irrelevant keywords. I used A/B split testing on their landing pages to further improve conversion rates and make their PPC Ad Campaigns more profitable.
- Vincent Flooring’s website received over 200,000 visits from search engine traffic, leading to increased inquiries and foot traffic to their store.
- We boosted their online visibility by securing valuable backlinks from relevant websites, resulting in a remarkable 96% increase in referral traffic during the first year.
- Within six months, the company achieved top rankings in Google for 58 important keyword searches.
- Our content writers played a crucial role in improving Vincent Flooring’s website content, making it more user-friendly and search engine optimized, ultimately helping potential customers find what they were looking for.